Thursday, March 27, 2008

Movie Review: "No Country for Old Men"


Honestly, this movie really did not sound that interesting to me when I first heard about it. I remember hearing about it when it came out, and then I heard that it won just about every award that you can think of, but I just was not buying it. My wife told me that she really wanted to see it, so I finally broke down and added it to my que. Even when it arrived, I was like, "Go ahead and watch it while I am at work because I am not that interested." She insisted on waiting until I got home to watch it, so I finally did. I actually took a break from playing around on the Internet to tune in after the first scene. The story revolves around a small-town Texas country boy that finds a briefcase near a drug deal gone bad that is full of money. He decides that he needs to get away for a while because he assumes that with such a large sum of money, people would be looking for it. The man looking for him is relentless. He is intelligent and is not going to stop until he gets his money. There are many people who come and go as the movie progresses, and although it is slow in some places, the action packed thrilling scenes that are soon to come make up for it. I am definitely glad that my wife was so insistent on us watching this movie together.

No comments: